Hey! My name's Miri, and I am an aspiring dancer.
Just another one of your typical badass feminist stripper grrrls.
This is my public dancing journal, a safe place for me to write down what I learn and the things that I discover.
More about me: beingastrippergrrrl.tumblr.com/me
I’m getting a lot of violent messages because of what happened to Karma (feministilicious) and because I know her personally… so I’ll have to delete this blog for my safety. But it was really great getting to know you gorgeous and fierce dancers. I’ll miss you all a lot ♥♥♥
As I have mentioned tomorrow I will be returning to work after a 2 month self imposed hiatus and there are a few preparations which must be made to transform myself from a regular girl to the stripper-fied version of myself and this requires one thing = Hardcore Grooming.
First and foremost let me just admit one thing when it comes to grooming (hair colouring and cut, body hair removal, tanning, hands and feet ect) I am the biggest cheap skate around. I go to work to earn money so I like to keep the costs down as much as possible. The only thing I spend real money on is make up (mostly MAC/Nars/Benefit/Chanel/YSL) this is because I love make up and I enjoy wearing quality products and I would use this make up anyway whether I was a stripper or not (tip- If you use expensive make up don’t bother tanking it with you to the club, I have drugstore dupes of all my favourite products that I take instead just incase anything gets lost or stolen). So now I will reveal what I will be doing to physically prepare myself to return to the club…for cheap!
- 1. My hair. I have very long (not extensions) caramel blonde hair. I purposely keep it this darker shade of blonde because not only does it compliment my skin tone it is easy to up keep and cheap to maintain. I colour my hair myself at home and this literally saves me hundreds of pounds over the course of a year. I use a Garnier Nutrisse Highlight kit to do my roots and John Frieda Sheer Blonde Lightening Spray to give my colour a pick me up when it needs it (I can’t recommend this product enough!). As my hair is very long (about 5 inches above my butt) haircuts aren’t really that much of an issue I get my mother to trim my hair at least every two months straight across the bottom, for free! I like to leave my conditioner in for as long as possible to really moisturise my follicles! I like Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner as it is both cheap and very very effective.
- 2. Body hair removal. I have never understood why strippers would wax their bikini area, what do you do in-between waxes, take time off work?? Anyway I shave my bikini area, legs and armpits with a Gillette Venus razor (I use each razor head 3 times before I replace it) and I use Dove body wash as shaving gel because I can never remember to buy it!
- 3. Face. I pluck my eyebrows in a 10x magnifying mirror (not for the faint hearted!) in direct sunlight so I can grab every teeny tiny hair. I use one of those pore cleansing strips on my nose and I am a fan of Queen Helene Mint Julep face mask. Sometimes I press a hot washcloth to my face to open the pores before I apply the mask. I also dye my own eyelashes (Eyelure Dylash 45 day mascara eyelash dye) at home also saves money as the pack of dye lasts around a year! I also like to do a 15% Salicylic Acid peel two days before (this doesn’t actually make my skin peel off it just deeply exfoliates and dries up any spots I may have (the peel I use is by Makeup Artist’s Choice and it is amazing!).
- 4. Tanning. I try not to go out in the sun without protection on my face (I always apply spf 50 to my face before going in the sun) so because I like to be tan in work without going on tanning beds or laying out in the sun I use a false tan. In particular I use false tan wipes as I find they give a better colour and dry completely so I don’t feel slimy while I wait for the colour to develop. The particular wipes I use are called Skin Deep Self Tanning Wipes, I love these because they are super cheap (a pack of 20 for £1 in my local store!) and they have a nice colour and develop quickly.
- 5. Manicure/Pedicure. Now I know some girls (especially those who strip) don’t feel complete without a set of acrylic nails. I personally think acrylic (or gel nails or stick on nails whatever) look absolutely hideous. So the fact I wouldn’t even consider sticking those monstrosities to my hands saves me money right away (it also helps that they would look out of place with my work ‘look’ helps!). I paint my toes and fingernails myself (I like a nude polish on my fingers and a red wine colour on my toes Baby’s Breath by Essie for fingers and Bordeaux by Essie for toes) I smother my feet with The Body Shop’s Shea body butter and then put socks on to let it really sink in.
- 6. Body. I do not nor have I ever used a Gym. I exercise at home (lifting weights, crunches, squats etc) or I get my ass outside and run. I do this as much as possible although I must admit I have gotten lazy recently! Also I drink a lot of water (between 3 and 4 litres a day) as this helps to reduce things like cellulite and bloating and flushes out my system and makes my skin nicer. I also and try to drink as much white tea as possible (Google it, it has a ton of benefits!) and avoid coffee as much as possible.
- 7. Fragrance. I am a perfume freak and there is nothing I like better than adding a new bottle to my collection but I’ll be damned if I’m going to use an £80 bottle of perfume for work! I used to use The Body Shop’s Vanilla body spritz and perfume combination (ahh vanilla the classic stripper scent!). That was until I found the ultimate perfume that drives men crazy, everytime I wear it I am complimented by men all night long especially when I get close to them during a lapdance. The perfume is Victoria Beckham’s DvB Beckham Signature for women. I shit you not. It never fails me and it is also crazy cheap (£15 for 100ml!).
So there you have it, my back to work routine! If you have any questions hit up my ask and well done if you read it all! Phew, time for a cup of white tea!xx
I’ve only had my stripping job for a day so far, but I’ve realized a lot of things about myself and other people:
- Stripping is not a job “for dumb people” as people keep saying or implying to me. It takes talent, charisma, athleticism, eroticism, and confidence. If I hear one more person say this isn’t a “real” job then I’ll kick some ass as soon as my stiletto shoes come in.
- Even the people you love can be ignorant assholes
- I slut shame a lot more than I ever realized, and now that I am on the receiving end I realize how stupid and pervasive it is. I feel like a super bitch for the things I’ve said and thought till now. I hope to grow and be more open minded.
- There is no such thing as a “typical stripper” as there is no such thing as a typical teacher or doctor, people who keep saying that I don’t have a “stripper personality.”
- Customers are fun to talk to, but the strippers have to be able to carry a conversation with ease. This is a leadership and charisma skill, and I hope to develop it. :)
- I must have some self-confidence somewhere, though it keeps disappearing every time I get on stage lol.
I really want to give her a huge hug right now <3
Wait a sec.
Is it true that Ginger Lee was involved with the Anthony Weiner scandal…?
that is WAY too small for the poor fishy.